This slow cooker crock pot chicken recipe is perfect for family gatherings or even the everyday family meal. And depending on your family size, you might even have yummy left overs!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (they come usually 4-6 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (water or orange juice works fine if you don't have chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Seasonings (like garlic salt, lipton onion soup mix, lemon pepper seasoning, oregano, or rosemary)
- Wash your chicken, and remove the innards (blech!) Make sure you always use safe food handling practices
- Add the 1/2 cup chicken broth to the bottom of slow cooker
- Turn the slow cooker on low
- Place the chicken in the crockpot
- Baste with melted butter
- Add desired seasonings to taste. I cover the chicken with salt and pepper, seasoned salt, garlic salt, and sometimes I will quarter a lemon and stuff the inside of the chicken with the pieces. But, it's really all about preference.
Cover and allow to cook in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hrs
This article was originally published on July 10, 2010 on muffintinmom.com and is republished to muffintinmom.com with permission.
(photo credit: stevendepolo)